The 1st CU VISA Check Card is the ultimate in safety and
convenience! Rather than carrying and managing cash, writing checks,
or using your credit card, you can use the VISA check card to pay
for any purchases wherever VISA is accepted…across town or across
the world! And the money is deducted right from your checking
account, just like a check.
The VISA check card can also be used wherever STAR or Presto!
(Publix) debit transactions are processed, such as Target, Wal-Mart,
Office Depot, and most gas stations and grocery stores. These
transactions are called point of sale transactions. Point of sale
transactions clear your account immediately, and VISA-authorized
transactions usually clear within a day. However, because our
processing system holds funds for authorized transactions until they
clear, you don't have to worry about overspending your account.
Additionally, 1st Credit Union participates in a superior
nationwide account monitoring and fraud detection system, so your
transactions -- and your checking account -- are well protected.
Generally, our systems detect fraud before you do. But, when they
don't, or should you lose your card, you can call our 24/7
lost/stolen hotline to report it and protect your funds. Regardless,
you will never lose any money due to fraudulent transactions, and we
reimburse your funds right away.
Perhaps best of all, any transaction you complete using your 1st
CU VISA Check Card posts to your account under the name of the
merchant who processes the transaction. So, instead of having to
match up check numbers to checks to see where you spent your money,
or to figure up where all your cash was spent, you can look at your
account online and track exactly where your money was spent.
Why Use a VISA Check Card?
- Safer than carrying cash - $0.00 liability if lost or
stolen (if reported).
- More compact and convenient to carry than a check book.
- One card for ATM withdrawals AND for purchasing.
- No need to show ID as you would with a credit card.
- Quicker, more convenient to use than writing checks.
- Payments clear your account quickly - at point of sale or
within a day (typically) when used over the VISA network.
- Accepted almost everywhere - across town and across the world.
- Provides superior recordkeeping and money management - see
exactly where you spend your money, identified by -
merchant/payee in your account detail on-line and on your
- Easy, convenient way to get cash when you need it - 24/7 - at
any ATM on the STAR or Presto! network.
- Far less expensive than buying checks, and no fees (some ATM
access fees may apply - but never a fee for using at
point-of-sale on STAR or Presto networks or over the VISA
Why use a 1st CU VISA Check Card?
- Superior support and troubleshooting when you need
assistance from local people, by phone, e-mail or in person!
- Real-time processing, so that all point-of-sale transactions
post to checking immediately and most VISA transactions post
within a day.
- Better yet, real-time processing that enables you to have
access to your checking funds as deposited and transferred into
- Supported by Internet banking access that permits you to move
funds between your 1st CU accounts 24/7 - funds are immediately
accessible by check card as soon as transferred into the account
- 24/7 usage monitoring for fraud detection and loss control
through our processor - STAR.
Participant in the Verified by VISA program that makes your card
safer to use over the Internet.
- 24/7 fraud/loss of card reporting support through our
processor - STAR.
- Swift reimbursement for unauthorized transactions.
- Usage earns rewards - periodic promotions for transaction
reimbursement or other monetary rewards, discounts on other 1st
CU services (including discounts on loan rates).